A care package is a combination of services put together to meet a person's assessed needs as part of the care plan arising from an assessment or a review. It defines exactly what that person needs in the way of care, services or equipment to live their life in a dignified and comfortable manner.
Some of the services included in a Care Package might be:
- Help with things like cleaning and shopping.
- Disability equipment and adaptations to the home.
- Daily assistence with personal care and cooking.
- Day centres to give the person or the person who cares for them a rest from care.
- Day care for the person to give them social interaction.
- Admitance to a care or nursing home.